Situated on a large private concession in the heart of the Zambezi Valley’s Mana Pools National Park, Ruckomechi Camp looks out from the banks of the mighty Zambezi River. It is a remote, beautiful place with spectacular views of the broad flowing river, adjoining well-defined tree canopy and the mountains of the Rift Valley escarpment over the border in Zambia.
Shaded by a large grove of acacia and mahogany trees, the camp accommodates guests in ten spacious and beautifully decorated en-suite tents, including two family rooms, all of which overlook the river. The central dining, bar and lounge areas face the escarpment, and there is a separate pool deck swimming and sunbathing, and an inviting fire deck for convivial evenings under the African skies. A romantic star-bed situated nearby overlooking a productive waterhole completes the Ruckomechi experience.
- Excellent wildlife viewing in the concession and National Park, with hippo, buffalo and predators often sighted
- A favourite amongst guests: an outdoor ‘bath-with-a-view’ in a secluded, scenic spot
- The albida trees dotted through camp are beloved by elephants for their tasty pods
Some things to do at Ruckomechi Camp
First time to Africa
- Enjoy a game drive in an area renowned for its large numbers of elephant, buffalo, hippo and eland.
- Take an afternoon boat trip on the Zambezi River to watch birds, hippo, elephant and more.
- Walk beneath the shady trees with a knowledgeable Zimbabwean guide.
Travelled to Africa
- Hang back in camp for the morning and perhaps an elephant will pay you a visit.
- Spend a night under the stars at our unique sleep-out deck at nearby Parachute Pan.
- Catch a tiger… that’s catch-and-release tiger-fishing.
- Spend your siesta at a hide, watching wildlife coming to drink.
- Identify the incredible birdlife: woodland and riverine species with many specials to be seen.
- Canoe down the mighty Zambezi – past many, many hippo!