Linkwasha Camp lies in a private concession in the enormously productive south-eastern corner of Hwange National Park. Situated on the doorstep of the famed Ngamo Plains, which offers fantastic summer game viewing, the camp’s excellent location stands sentry over a magnificent plain and a pan that is a magnet for game year round, especially in the dry winter months.
The fresh, open and airy design of Linkwasha Camp is complemented by an eclectic mix of contemporary interiors with the original spirit and essence of safari. Eight en-suite luxury tents and one family tent look out over the surrounding plain, while the main area – including various multi-level decks, a pool area and a winter lounge complete with library – gazes over the abundant waterhole.
- Easy and private access to the best wildlife locations within Hwange
- Mammal species in the area number over a hundred
- Linkwasha is all about luxury, service, location and wildlife experience
Some things to do at Linkwasha Camp
First time to Africa
- Take a game drive to Ngamo Plains for the best summer wildlife sightings in Hwange.
- Enjoy authentic interaction with our neighbours on a visit to one of the villages on the periphery of the Park.
- During siesta time, sit back on your deck and watch wildlife grazing on the plain in front of your tent.
Travelled to Africa
- Walk through the concession’s savannah grassland habitat – just right to enjoy being out in one of the great wildlife places of Africa.
- Take in the sight of hundreds of elephant or buffalo coming to drink from your viewpoint under a poolside shaded sala or from the pool itself.
- See a variety of antelope species – from enormous eland to uncommon sable, rare roan and even the desert-loving gemsbok.
- On a cold, starry night, enjoy a hot drink next to the fire in the cosy winter lounge.
- Look out for an Arnot’s chat, Dickinson’s kestrel or Bradfield’s hornbill, bird specials of the area.
- Take some much-needed stationery to give to the learners at Ngamo or Ziga Schools.