Ongava Tented Camp is one of Namibia’s best kept secrets. Located in the private Ongava Game Reserve to the south of the world-famous Etosha National Park, it overlooks a waterhole at which a plethora of wildlife congregates to drink.
Relaxation typically takes place around the main area – made of stone, canvas and thatch with bar and swimming pool – watching the diverse wildlife happenings in front of camp. Eight large comfortable Meru-style tents, all with en-suite facilities, open air showers and private verandas, accommodate 16 guests. The family unit sleeps four.
- An intimate safari camp discreetly hidden on Ongava Game Reserve
- Intense wildlife sightings in and around the camp thanks to its popular waterhole
- From one wildlife reserve to the next, Ongava is beautifully placed for excursions into the iconic Etosha National Park
Some things to do at Ongava Tented Camp
First time to Africa
- Enjoy a full- or half-day game drive into the nearby Etosha National Park, with its spectacular saltpan views and busy waterholes.
- Go on a nature walk on Ongava Game Reserve, searching for fascinating plant life and all creatures great and small.
- Sip a pre-dinner drink while watching wildlife having their own drinks at the waterhole.
Travelled to Africa
- See good numbers of plains game on Ongava Game Reserve, from zebra to giraffe.
- Take in a Namibian sunset on an afternoon nature drive on Ongava Game Reserve.
- Find out how the low Ondundozonanandana Mountains on Ongava got their unpronounceable name.
- Visit the Ongava Research Centre and learn more about the functioning of the Reserve.
- Spend an evening around the camp fire finding out about Namibia’s local customs and culture.
- Look for a Rüppell’s parrot or Anchieta’s dwarf python – both endemic to Namibia.