Segera Retreat lies on the grasslands of the Laikipia Plateau, its six timber and thatch villas raised above a profusion of botanical life looking out to Mount Kenya. Each large, en-suite bedroom has a private sun deck with sun loungers and a swing bed and a Jacuzzi bath, sunk into the deck outside the bedroom. The gracious Segera House and Villa Segera boast even greater privacy and luxury. The main area comprises the Paddock House, Wine Tower and renovated stables, complete with bar and dining room filled with contemporary African art from the Zeitz Collection.
- Segera helps conserve the second-highest density of wildlife in Kenya
- An exclusive retreat which expresses just how luxurious sustainability can be
- At Segera, art and an aesthetic experience surround you at every turn
Some things to do at Segera Retreat
First time to Africa
- Enjoy the unique wildlife of the Laikipia Plateau, from elephant to reticulated giraffe and lion.
- Spend time in the Centre for the 4Cs (C4C), gaining insights and depth into Segera’s community involvement and sustainability.
- Sleep under the stars in your swing bed or at the cattle ranch soaking up the sounds of Africa.
Travelled to Africa
- Take a nature walk and see the way that wildlife and cattle share the land.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the expanse and contrast of the country by helicopter.
- Unwind with one of our signature treatments in our tranquil spa.
- Engage with game scouts, and meet the honey gatherers and other Laikipia locals.
- Dine on our own farm-to-table free-range beef and organic vegetables al fresco in different beautiful locations.
- Spend time taking in award-winning local and international art showcased throughout the Retreat.