A retreat of contemporary and unique design, Vumbura Plains comprises two separate satellite camps, consisting of 14 rooms overall (of which two accommodate families). Each camp has its own sumptuous raised lounge, dining and bar area with magnificent vistas across the Okavango Delta, while a deck with comfortable cushions protrudes into the floodplain, either for star-gazing or as a convivial camp fire setting.
Each large, luxurious room is raised off the ground, with indoor and outdoor showers and an en-suite bathroom. A step down is the lounge area, open on three sides for that iconic view of the floodplains. Additional room features include a private plunge pool and ‘sala’ – a place from which to watch the passing parade of wildlife or indulge in a soothing massage.
- Game viewing at Vumbura is enjoyed on both land and water year-round
- The habitat mix means just about every species found in the Okavango can be seen
- Excellent predator sightings, from lion to wild dog
Some things to do at Vumbura Plains Camp
First time to Africa
- Take a morning game drive through habitats of all kinds to see a range of wildlife.
- Sip on a gin and tonic as you watch the sun go down over the abundant floodplains.
- Float down a crystal-clear Okavango waterway on a mokoro, seeing reed frogs and waterlilies.
Travelled to Africa
- Take a walk through the bush with a guide and get up close to a journey of giraffe.
- Boat through the Delta channels, watching wildlife move through the water and reeds.
- Enjoy a massage out on your beautiful pool deck.
- Catch a glimpse of a Pel’s fishing-owl on a mokoro excursion.
- Dine under the stars in our boma and enjoy traditional singing and dancing.
- Take a shower under the glorious African night skies.