Located on Hunda Island, Tubu Tree Camp is built in traditional style, with elevated wooden walkways connecting eight tents on raised platforms – each with picturesque lookouts of the surrounding floodplains from a private deck. En-suite bathroom facilities and an outdoor shower are standard, while a family unit consisting of two adjoining tents and separate bathrooms share a lounge. The main dining and lounge areas and pool are raised to maximise the vistas, and an open bar area is shaded by a large marula tree.
Hunda Island is known for its concentrations of game and offers both spectacular wildlife viewing on land, and tranquil adventures on the water. This combination of activities makes Tubu a complete Delta adventure.
- Elevated decks offer some of the most spectacular views in all of the Okavango Delta from amidst magnificent trees
- Hunda Island is famous for its leopard sightings as well as its excellent densities of large game species
- The perfect symbiosis of wet and dry habitats make it possible to experience both land and water activities
Some things to do at Tubu Tree Camp
First time to Africa
- Game drive across Hunda Island in search of plains game – followed by predators such as leopard or hyaena.
- Float through channels on a traditional mokoro (dugout canoe), passing reed frogs and waterlilies on the way.
- Try your hand at catch-and-release fishing in the reed-framed Okavango waterways.
Travelled to Africa
- Enjoy a boat excursion, perfect for searching out its elusive inhabitants, such as sitatunga antelope.
- Watch a spectacular African sunset at a scenic spot – anywhere.
- Fall asleep under the stars at the local hide, listening to the reed frogs and crickets as you do.
- Tick off African skimmer, Pel’s fishing-owl and other specials in one of the best birding areas.
- Enjoy the sun at the pool while looking out across classic Okavango scenery.
- Watch the red lechwe leaping through the water-logged floodplains.