Mombo Camp is located in the Mombo Concession, on the northern tip of Chief’s Island within the Moremi Game Reserve. The area boasts enormous concentrations of plains game and predators which begin virtually on Mombo’s decks, with the surrounding floodplains teeming with game year-round.
Built under large, shady trees, Mombo’s nine spacious en-suite tents are raised two metres from the ground providing excellent views, with a long veranda, a sala and indoor and outdoor showers. The camp’s main living, bar and dining areas are under thatch, while the boma adds traditional flavour to delicious dinners under the stars. There are two plunge pools in which to soak and a gym to work off the excellent food.
- Arguably the best big game viewing in all of Africa
- Bountiful hunting ground for large prides of lion and star-struck leopard
- A sumptuous and luxurious camp in the midst of the Delta
Some things to do at Mombo Camp
First time to Africa
- Game drives take in the enormous concentrations of plains game, from lechwe to giraffe, elephant to buffalo.
- Watch from the camp decks as the Moporota Lion Pride chases its prey right through camp!.
- Dine in our traditional boma under the stars and enjoy the Mombo Choir.
Travelled to Africa
- Track the world-famous leopard Legadema or her daughter Pula near camp.
- Have a delicious, freshly-made brunch out in the bush after a wildlife-packed game drive.
- Hear about the return of the rhino to Botswana from veteran Rhino Monitor Poster Malongwa; perhaps see one too.
- Be lulled to sleep on your deck by our expert masseuse, while a buffalo feeds nearby.
- Have a romantic dinner for two in the small lounge or at the pool.
- Spend an afternoon at the hide and exercise your binoculars on the superb birdlife.