Little Vumbura is situated on a beautiful island in a private concession in the northern reaches of the Okavango Delta. Surrounded as it is by water and lying close to large rivers, water-based activities are just as popular as those on land, both offering spectacular and diverse wildlife sightings.
Little Vumbura is a beautiful six-roomed tented camp shaded by the canopy of an ancient forest. Each well-appointed tent has en-suite facilities and a deck with incredible vistas. A plunge pool and reading area overlook the floodplains and a star deck leads off over the water from the dining area.
- The habitat mix means that just about every species found in the Okavango can be seen
- Excellent predator sightings are possible all year round
- Epitomising island living, this intimate camp is accessible only by boat
Some things to do at Little Vumbura
First time to Africa
- Take a morning game drive through habitats of all kinds to see a range of wildlife.
- Sip on a gin and tonic as you watch the day drawing to a close over the abundant floodplains.
- Float down a crystal-clear Okavango waterway on a mokoro, seeing reed frogs and waterlilies.
Travelled to Africa
- Take a walk through the bush with a guide and get up close to a journey of giraffe.
- Boat through the Delta channels, watching wildlife move through the water and reeds.
- Enjoy the stunning view from the cool confines of our camp plunge pool.
- Find a Pel’s fishing-owl while on a mokoro excursion.
- Dine out in our boma and enjoy traditional singing and dancing.
- Brush up on your astronomy on our well-positioned star deck.