Located on Hunda Island and nestled amongst a canopy of trees overlooking a seasonal riverbed, Little Tubu offers an exceptional and intimate bush experience for just six guests. The three traditional-style tents are on raised wooden platforms, each with a private viewing deck, an outdoor shower and en-suite bathroom facilities.
Elevated walkways link the tents to the main dining, bar and pool areas that are designed to blend seamlessly into the surrounding environment and maximise the Okavango views. The style of the camp and the setting create an authentic sense of being in a remote wilderness, and truly on safari – in comfort and style, but unquestionably in a wild place, among the prolific wildlife.
- An intimate and exclusive camp perfect for families and small groups
- Leopard viewing on the island is particularly good
- Hunda Island is a wildlife sanctuary noted for its diversity and populations of predators
Some things to do at Little Tubu
First time to Africa
- Drive across Hunda Island to see impala, lechwe, giraffe, zebra and much more.
- Mokoro – the traditional dug-out canoe – allows for silent contemplation of crystal-clear waters, reed frogs and waterlilies.
- Enjoy the sight of a breeding herd of elephant splashing through the water.
Travelled to Africa
- *Boats provide exploration further away from camp through more remote areas.
- A variety of fish can be caught and released in these waters.
- Visit a hide from which you can view a parade of wildlife walking by beneath you.
- Little Tubu is a must for bird enthusiasts, who can enjoy wattled crane, lesser jacana and blue-cheeked bee-eater.
- Enjoy an evening chatting to fellow wildlife lovers around the fire or over a delicious meal.
- Watch the sun set behind the tall palms, and listen as the African night sounds begin.