Named for Scandinavian royalty, Kings Pool overlooks the handsome oxbow-shaped Kings Pool Lagoon in the Linyanti Wildlife Reserve bordering Chobe National Park. The camp’s nine luxurious tents (including one family unit) each boast a large bedroom area and lounge leading out onto a veranda with a private plunge pool and thatched sala from which to soak up the gorgeous views and possibly even spot elephant crossing the channel. The spacious en-suite bathrooms have double showers and hand-basins, as well as an outdoor shower for those who wish to shower ‘in’ nature! The spacious main area comprises a lounge, dining room and a convivial bar beautifully set on expansive raised decks. There is also a pool and an open-air ‘kgotla’ for evening dining under the stars.
- A luxurious and historic safari base in the middle of Africa’s highest density of elephants
- Wild dog and leopard are known to patrol the area, seeking its abundant antelope
- A sundowner cruise down the Linyanti River on the Queen Sylvia is a breathtaking experience
Some things to do at Kings Pool Camp
First time to Africa
- Take a game drive through floodplains, riverine forest and woodland in search of wildlife.
- Sip sundowners on the elegant Queen Sylvia as she cruises down the Linyanti River.
- Catch sight of nocturnal creatures on a night drive along the Savute Channel.
Travelled to Africa
- Luxuriate in an aromatherapy or deep tissue massage on your private tent deck.
- Soak up the views from your traditional sala, watching the hippo frolic in the lagoon in front of camp.
- Track the predators of the region – lion, cheetah and wild dog.
- Discover the thrill of walking amongst wildlife in the bush.
- Watch massive elephant feet and trunks almost within touching distance at the unique ‘eye-level’ hide.
- Tick some of those bird ‘lifers’ – birding is excellent in the Linyanti.