Providing the ultimate Delta water experience in the heart of the Okavango, luxurious Jao Camp is set in an area where islands fringed with riverine forests meet vast productive floodplains. Shaded by a canopy of trees, the nine spacious and beautifully-designed tents offer en-suite facilities with indoor and outdoor showers. Expansive views from the private sala at each tent make for a sumptuous setting for afternoon siestas.
In addition to the main lounge and dining area, there are two plunge pools and a boma for dining under the stars, complemented by wines from an excellent wine cellar. Jao Camp also has a spa where a wide range of massage therapies are offered and a gym for the more active. The camp itself perfectly mirrors the beauty of the Delta and allows an effortless entry into the wonders of this pristine wetland paradise.
- Jao is the epitome of luxury in the most remote, scenically splendid setting
- Frequently visited by wildlife, including a gregarious family of mongoose that has made Jao its home
- Sparkling waters, swaying reeds, leaping lechwe and dancing cranes – perpetual poetry in motion
Some things to do at Jao Camp
First time to Africa
- Float down crystal-clear channels on a mokoro (dug-out canoe) to see wildlife wading through the waters.
- Hop on a boat and travel further to take in the sights and sounds of this wetland paradise.
- Enjoy a pampering massage out on your private deck or in the Spa.
Travelled to Africa
- Spot the variety of game that frequents the drier areas while on a game drive vehicle..
- Spend a day with the wildlife of Hunda Island, a delicious picnic in the bush en route.
- Keep a look-out for the rare, iconic sitatunga or sleek spotted-necked otter.
- Spend the afternoon at the hide and enjoy the fabulous birds of the area, such as slaty egrets and crowned cranes.
- Indulge in sumptuous brunch while dipping your feet in a Delta channel.
- Select your favourite nectar from our excellent wine cellar..